cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Mirrored part: Show reference part ID parameter in note?

ptc-726111
1-Newbie

Mirrored part: Show reference part ID parameter in note?

Hello,

I have a mirrored part (Mirrored Merge ID in model tree), and I would like to show the file name of the reference part in a note. However, the parameter &model_name shows the mirrored part file name, not the part from which it is referenced before the mirror.

When I select info --> reference viewer I can see the reference part name, but not its parameter. If the reference part is renamed I would like the note in the mirrored part drawing to update automatically. Does anyone know how to do this?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Chris.
This should work:

Create annotation feature with "&merge_base_part:fid_1" --> Feature Parameter updates when mirror ref part is renamed.

HTH
Matthias.
-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Matthias,

Your solution worked! All I did was place the parameter "&merge_base_part:fid_1" in the drawing note, and it automatically updated to "&MERGE_BASE_PART:FID_1:4" giving the p/n of the base part before the mirror.

Who would have known this parameter already existed in the part model and could be used in a note of a mirrored part drawing? I did not see any reference to it in PTC's technical support knowledge base, and would not have know it existed as the PTC tech. support engineer suggested I try a another technique that did not work.

Chris

In Reply to Matthias Stueber:

Hi Chris.
This should work:

Create annotation feature with "&merge_base_part:fid_1" --> Feature Parameter updates when mirror ref part is renamed.

HTH
Matthias.
Top Tags