cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Missing Components?

ptc-4360154
1-Newbie

Missing Components?

When I open an assembly I have to go through and retrieve one component from each of the folders inside the working directory. Is there a way to set Creo Parametric to automatically find files in these folders?

Sean

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is common to manage libraries using an administrative file called search.pro. You can place search_path_file <path> in your config.pro. This is a little easier to manage if your search path manages a large library in many locations. You can invoke a second search_path_file <path> if you also want to add specific locations for a current project that has not been uploaded to the main database yet.

If you search the forum for search_path and search_path_file, you will get some good hits on how this is useful.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Sean, yes there is, using config option "search_path". Add this option to your config file, browse to the specific folder(s) in question. You can have multiple search_paths

John

That helped. When I do that it prompts me saying "The configuration setting that you have made will be applied to the current session only." Can I make it so that the search_path will be there whenever I open the program?

Yes, if you have your config.pro file in your load point, then those search paths will be active every time you launch Creo. Just in case you don't know, load point is the start up directory. I believe this is the second place Creo looks for a config file, if it does not find one in the bin/text directory embedded within the software files. I have always had my config.pro stored in my start up directory (load point).

Hope this helps

John

It is common to manage libraries using an administrative file called search.pro. You can place search_path_file <path> in your config.pro. This is a little easier to manage if your search path manages a large library in many locations. You can invoke a second search_path_file <path> if you also want to add specific locations for a current project that has not been uploaded to the main database yet.

If you search the forum for search_path and search_path_file, you will get some good hits on how this is useful.

Top Tags