cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Mobile workstations, XI anyone?

MICHAELCARR-dis
1-Newbie

Mobile workstations, XI anyone?

Has anyone used ProE with XI machines? I am searching for a laptop workstation to add mobility. XI is a little pricey so I need to be careful (especially at this time) but do not want to sacrifice performance. Nvidia Quadro, 17" WUXGA, 7200 RPM HD, 4Gig seems to be a good starting place. Up or down probably depends on affordability, availability and manufacturer. We work with assemblies 1000 parts or smaller. The Lattitude I had was impossible, I don't want to find myself in that situation again, 3 windows is not enough! In general, what are you "satisfied" laptop users using?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I've been using a Dell M6300, 4 Gig Ram, Nvidia Fx1600M, for almost 1 year. My assemblies have about 300 to 500 parts only, but have no problem working with this computer. MA

Hello We had two XI workstation one (not mobile) They are good computer, but so far, none of them were certified nor supported by ptc, so if eventually you get any problem or issued with pro/e, you are on your own, ptc first step in any call regarding this topic, will be to get a certified plattform. I can say this on my personal experience, we were told so, and we changed those workstation to HP
Top Tags