cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Model Manager - Prevent user from overwriting Released file

mmaenpaa
10-Marble

Model Manager - Prevent user from overwriting Released file

I know it's mainly a training issue; but, how do you prevent a (new) user from overwriting Released parts, assemblies, drawings, erc?

As long as a file is in Work state, I don't care if a user overwrites all day long, I just want to stop him from overwriting files in Released state.

Only someone in the Admin group should be able to overwrite files; even then Released is Released and you should only be able Major / Minor Rev something.

Mike

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's a matter of ACL - Access Control List.

You should assign an element ACL to the DB classes of your elements that only allows overwrite on not released state for designated users/groups and allows overwrite on released state just for adminsys group.

Normally, Model Manager OOTB provides such behavior.

Did you changed users/groups, classes, ACL, states from OOTB?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It's a matter of ACL - Access Control List.

You should assign an element ACL to the DB classes of your elements that only allows overwrite on not released state for designated users/groups and allows overwrite on released state just for adminsys group.

Normally, Model Manager OOTB provides such behavior.

Did you changed users/groups, classes, ACL, states from OOTB?

Thanks Louis!

I checked with IT dept. and appropriate settings have been set.

Should be good to go now.

Thanks again.

Mike

Top Tags