cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Model Manager - Prevent user from overwriting Released file

mmaenpaa
10-Marble

Model Manager - Prevent user from overwriting Released file

I know it's mainly a training issue; but, how do you prevent a (new) user from overwriting Released parts, assemblies, drawings, erc?

As long as a file is in Work state, I don't care if a user overwrites all day long, I just want to stop him from overwriting files in Released state.

Only someone in the Admin group should be able to overwrite files; even then Released is Released and you should only be able Major / Minor Rev something.

Mike

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's a matter of ACL - Access Control List.

You should assign an element ACL to the DB classes of your elements that only allows overwrite on not released state for designated users/groups and allows overwrite on released state just for adminsys group.

Normally, Model Manager OOTB provides such behavior.

Did you changed users/groups, classes, ACL, states from OOTB?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It's a matter of ACL - Access Control List.

You should assign an element ACL to the DB classes of your elements that only allows overwrite on not released state for designated users/groups and allows overwrite on released state just for adminsys group.

Normally, Model Manager OOTB provides such behavior.

Did you changed users/groups, classes, ACL, states from OOTB?

Thanks Louis!

I checked with IT dept. and appropriate settings have been set.

Should be good to go now.

Thanks again.

Mike

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags