cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Model Manipulation Question from Former Solid Works User

ptc-4311262
1-Newbie

Model Manipulation Question from Former Solid Works User

Hello All,

So I reciently made the switch from Solid Works to Creo, and I am having trouble manipulating my models. Creo and SW both let the user zoom by scrolling the mouse's scroll wheel, and they both let the user rotate the part around a point by clicking the point with the scroll wheel (not scrolling, but using it to click), holding it, and than moving the mouse around to rotate the part. What I am having trouble doing is moving the part relative to the screen to the left/right. I am not talking about rotating the part at all, but simply moving it up/down/left/right. In SW, you can simply left-click on the part and while holding the left mouse button, you can drag the part up/down/left/right by dragging the mouse in the corrosponding direction. With Creo, I cannot do this. I find myself having to zoom out, placeing the mouse where I want to zoom in, and than zooming in at the desired point. This is very cumbersome, compared to simply left clicking and dragging the part as I did in SW. Is there a way to set up Creo to move the part up/down/left/right by clicking and dragging???

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sam,

hold SHIFT key and middle mouse button and move the mouse.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sam,

hold SHIFT key and middle mouse button and move the mouse.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

How much do you miss SW? I know I miss it everyday.

Well I only miss it because I am better at using it than I am with Creo. What I don't miss is the crappy FEA from SW.

Yeah, I've heard that SW FEA is bad.

I've been on Creo over 4 weeks and still miss SW.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags