cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Model annotation dimension lines not printing solid

eng_sentechas
10-Marble

Model annotation dimension lines not printing solid

I'm having an issue with the model annotation dimensions lines not printing solid. It doesn't happen with the added dimensions, it's specific to the model annotations (as seen in the screenshots - bottom dimension is model annotation, dimension directly above is added). The lines are shown as solid in CREO but when printing to PDF, it prints with gaps in the line. Any ideas as to what's happening?

6 REPLIES 6

@eng_sentechas wrote:

I'm having an issue with the model annotation dimensions lines not printing solid. It doesn't happen with the added dimensions, it's specific to the model annotations (as seen in the screenshots - bottom dimension is model annotation, dimension directly above is added). The lines are shown as solid in CREO but when printing to PDF, it prints with gaps in the line. Any ideas as to what's happening?

Hi,

what software/command do you use to create PDF ?

Martin Hanák

File -> Save As -> Export -> PDF

@eng_sentechas wrote:

File -> Save As -> Export -> PDF

Hi,

when I print a drawing in Creo 7.0.2.0 I click File > Save As, change file type to .pdf, enter file name. I can't see Export command.

Please upload your Creo data (put them into single zip file and upload this zip file). This enable me to test your problem on my PC.

Martin Hanák

It's an option under the "Save As" menu, so you don't actually use the "Save As" function, and then from there you go into the "Export Setup" (see screenshots).

@eng_sentechas wrote:

It's an option under the "Save As" menu, so you don't actually use the "Save As" function, and then from there you go into the "Export Setup" (see screenshots).

Hi,

please try my procedure.

Martin Hanák

I much prefer using a PDF printer instead of the file - save as option. There are several availble online for free or if you already own Acrobat standard or other PDF generation software, you can use the print command and select the print as your PDF program. 

I believe it gives better output...or at least that is in my imagination!

Top Tags