cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Model properties --> UNITS: displayed on the status bar [mmKs]

cgherghe-2
8-Gravel

Model properties --> UNITS: displayed on the status bar [mmKs]

Is there a way to make CREO 3.0 display the Model Properties --> UNITS in the Information bar at the bottom (or anywhere else for that matter)? It would be nice to see [mmKs] displayed somewhere on the information bar, or [IPS] or whatever the case may be. When doing an assembly, it is extremely annoying to have parts that do not match to completely ravage the work just because one forgot to change the units properly. Thank you, Colin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:cgherghe-2)

There is no way to show units on the screen.

You may be able to develop a work around to show units in the model tree but by that time you would already see the problem.

You can correct units problems when changing the units based on your selections during units conversions.

If your model was done such that 1" was modeled as 1 mm, you can effectively scale the model during units conversion using the interpret option.

units-convert.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:cgherghe-2)

There is no way to show units on the screen.

You may be able to develop a work around to show units in the model tree but by that time you would already see the problem.

You can correct units problems when changing the units based on your selections during units conversions.

If your model was done such that 1" was modeled as 1 mm, you can effectively scale the model during units conversion using the interpret option.

units-convert.jpg

rsoukup
13-Aquamarine
(To:StephenW)

@StephenW  Is this functionality available in any more recent releases of Creo?  If not can there be something to allow this?   You already have a start by displaying the tolerances for the model in the bottom right corner (see attached image), can this be expanded upon to include the Units?  Seems like a good way to confirm easily which unit system this model is set up in as this has caused issues for our organization in the past where a person forgot early on to set the units, and by the time they realize it, the simple 1:25.4 conversion doesnt always work, especially if relations are involved.  So just wondering if this has been explored and/or implemented already in releases later than Creo 3.0?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rsoukup)

I'm still using Creo 4 and I don't see any way of showing units. I assumed it hasn't been addressed as there is a recent product idea to show them in the model tree.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Model-Tree-allow-the-display-of-model-units-in-Column-drop-down/idi-p/590601

In my opinion, adding the units as a model tree column would be an excellent addition to the software.

Top Tags