cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Model tree regeneration

dustin
1-Newbie

Model tree regeneration

I just updated to WF5 M140 (XP Pro x64), and I am noticing that recently created features and assembled parts do not show in the model tree without taking some kind of refreshing action. In fact any change I make which should show in the model tree does not immediately show (such as activating a part in an assembly). This is very frustrating and limits my productivity.

I've not noticed this in previous WF5 builds (F000, M030, or M070). Does anyone else have this same problem?

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I am on M120 - I have never seen any trouble with the Tree updating. But, I
do get regularly frustrated with the RMB menus losing focus and disappearing
- EG. In assembly mode while assembling a new component, RMB will give "flip
constraint" (among others), but as soon as I try to click an item, the menu
goes away. I am forced to use the dashboard to do anything.

I also lose preselect highlight frequently in an object (not the session).
Sometimes I completely lose Smart Filter as well.

Is M140 the current build? I was thinking of updating just yesterday, but
not if the tree is an issue.

Keep us posted please!

What's your hardware config?

-Nate

Win7x64, WF5 M120, Dell M6600 / nVidia 3000

dustin
1-Newbie
(To:dustin)

Dell Precision 490 Intel Quad-core, NVIDEA graphics card. Turns out this problem has been discussed before at
http://portal.ptcuser.org/p/fo/st/topic=3&post=109445#p109445

The issue will be gone in M150, and M130 is also clean.

dustin
1-Newbie
(To:dustin)

Update:

I Just installed M150, and the model tree appears to be functioning nominally once more. There is a couple of advancements I'm enjoying with M150 over M070 (my previous release).

A) I can now (FINALLY!) save drawings in .pdf format to the server. This was a problem relating specifically to our XP Pro X64 operating system in earlier builds, but oddly, F000 build worked fine.

B) A relation failure notification now points me to the feature containing the failed relation now rather then just the parent model, making troubleshooting much quicker.

Top Tags