cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

ModelCHECK: Check option: TITLE_INFO. Check title block params are actually used.

JimTVancouverCa
1-Newbie

ModelCHECK: Check option: TITLE_INFO. Check title block params are actually used.

Hello all,

I'm trying to make sure all text in a title block that should be driven from a parameter, is actually driven by a parameter.  In otherwords, I want to check that a user hasen't deleted &DESCRIPTION or what-ever parameter drives the description on the title block, and has placed 'dumb' static text there instead.

I am testing the ModelCHECK option: TITLE_INFO.

The help says:

TITLE_INFO (Title Block Information)

Y/N/E/W
Reports any entries in the title block that are not driven by model parameters.

Suggested Settings:

Inter

Batch

Regen

Save

W

W

W

W

But how would this check know which cells are to contain a parameter and which do not?  There is also this option:

TABLE_CELLS (Table Cells)

Y/N/E/W
Verifies that specific table cells contain standard text. Standard table cell text is designated using the DRW_TABLE_CELLS configuration option in the start configuration file.

Suggested Settings:

Inter

Batch

Regen

Save

E

E

W

W

When I test TITLE_INFO with Y N N N on a drawing that should fail, without configuring TABLE_CELLS the test reports:

TITLE_INFO

Non-parameter titleblock: 0

This isn't incredibly informative as a result.  Does anyone have any experience with this check?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Okay, so I did a quick test with a table like this:

DRW_TABLE_CELLS_test.png

I added this to my start check file:

DRW_TABLE_CELLS [1,1,CHECK] [2,2,TEST]

The model check result was:

TABLE_CELLS
  Table Cell specification errors: 1
     Table Cell     ERROR
     Table 11 cell(2,2)     CUR=NOT TEST SPEC=TEST

So this appears to work.  I'm not sure it works well for cells in a table that have been merged though.  More testing required.

So.. on ptc support it says:

DescriptionTITLE_INFO check does not report any errors/warnings
ResolutionReported to R&D as SPR 1986415

SPR Information

ReleaseStatusDatecode
Creo 1.0No Plans to Fix-
Creo 2.0Evaluating-
Creo 2.0No Plans to Fix-
Creo 3.0Evaluating-
Creo 4.0Evaluating-
Wildfire 4.0No Plans to Fix-
Wildfire 5.0Evaluating-

So it looks like this check, TITLE_INFO is not supported.

Regarding check: DRW_TABLE_CELLS

I tried using parameters in the above example.  I changed 'CHECK' TO '&CHECK' and set the following:

DRW_TABLE_CELLS [1,1,&CHECK] [2,1,FAILHERE]

This successfully reports an error as above.

Next I tried this specification:

DRW_TABLE_CELLS [1,1,&CHECK] [2,1,&TEST]

With:

DRW_TABLE_CELLS_test2.png

This brings no error as expected.

Next with:

DRW_TABLE_CELLS_test3.png

The result is:

TABLE_CELLS
Table Cell specification errors: 1
     Table Cell     ERROR
     Table 11 cell(2,1)

CUR=NOT &TEST SPEC=&TEST

This is an expected result.   So we can test for parameters in cells in a table.

Note TABLE_CELLS YNEW must be set to W to achieve this mesage.

Next problem: What about tables with merged cells?  What are the indexes into these?

I've tried unmerging to find where the text actually sits, because merged cells when unmerged will leave the text of the merged cell somewhere in the table, and I wanted to test if when I found that row and column index if ModelCHECK DRW_TABLE_CELLS could find that.  But it didn't. Here's what I started with and how I unmerged it:

DRW_TABLE_CELLS_test4_original_ident_table.png

Unmerged to find row and column indexes:

DRW_TABLE_CELLS_test5_unmerged_ident_table.png

I tried: DRW_TABLE_CELLS [4,1,SIZE] [1,1,TEST] which should fail the above tables, but nothing was reported by ModelCHECK.

I also tried DRW_TABLE_CELLS [3,1,SIZE] [1,1,TEST] which should fail if it is indexing into the merged rows and columns, but again nothing was reported by ModelCHECK

I'm at a bit of a loss now what to try next.

Anyone ever figure this out?

Top Tags