cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Modeling Right Click Menu

ptc-5122510
1-Newbie

Modeling Right Click Menu

I've been watching tutorial videos that constantly show the trainer right-clicking in the model space to select from a set of quick-select functions, but I am not able to get this to work. I went into the configuration editor and looked up the right-click option setting and it's set to on, which enables me to right-click items in the model tree but not the background area of the modeling space, in order to quick select options. Is there some sort of setting that I need to turn on other than the right_mouse_button_popup option?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The answer is that you have to hold down the right mouse button for the menu to appear. Simply clicking and releasing will not make it appear.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The answer is that you have to hold down the right mouse button for the menu to appear. Simply clicking and releasing will not make it appear.

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-5122510)

Just wondering..

Whats the use of having to press the right-mouse button for almost a second before a menu appears?

It would make sense if there was another menu when you do a normal right click, but theres nothing.

Also whats the use of having to activate a creo window before you are able to do anything?

The right mouse click is also used to cycle through selections....say you wanted to pick something a few layers deep in an assembly, you can right click to cycle through your selections until it highlights what you want. Then you left click select it and hold right click to pull up the menu. Once an object is selected you can also right click to select entities within the selected item and so on. Object slection is further expanded on by adding CTL, SHIFT, etc. combinations.

Take a look at this, it will help to understand how to best use the interface, especially the advanced selections:

Creo Parametric Quick Reference Card

Top Tags