cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Modifying cell in repeat region BOM

kspabs
7-Bedrock

Modifying cell in repeat region BOM

I have a part in one of my BOMs that I don't have access to modify the parameters of. The parameter being referenced is TITLE1, but for this part in particular TITLE1 is blank and TITLE2 contains the actual part name that I need. Is there a way to override this without breaking the relations in the table? Can I change the parameter being referenced for only this cell?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:kspabs)

You need a relation that identifies something unique about that line, then set title2 = title1.

Either use the repeat index or a description field to isolate that one line.

IF rpt_index = '44',  title 1 = title2.

Since I don't know what your repeat region columns are named, this is just an example.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You cannot simply override the cell, but you can write a repeat region relation that changes  the information for that one line.

But

Why do you not have access to the component object? Is it released in a PDM system with incorrect parameters? That object should be revised and corrected. If the company does not want to revise it, speak to your friendly system administrator and see if they can pull some magic to correct it.

It is released in PDM and is a bit of a hassle at my company to get things corrected. I realize this is likely the best route to go, but I wanted to see if I could just bypass the issue.

What steps would I undergo to change the relation of that one cell to reference TITLE2? 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You need a relation that identifies something unique about that line, then set title2 = title1.

Since I don't know what your repeat region columns are named, this is just an example.

@BenLoosli wrote:

Hi,

are you sure that you can write TITLE1=TITLE2 in repeat region relations when TITLE1 and TITLE2 are model parameters ?

I would write something like ...

if asm_mbr_title1 == ""
  my_title = asm_mbr_title2
else
  my_title = asm_mbr_title1
endif

and put &rpt.rel.my_title into repeat region cell.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags