cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

ModuleWorks not displaying workpiece

JasonPensack
1-Newbie

ModuleWorks not displaying workpiece

So I loaded up M100 this morning to test out the new ModuleWorks and nothing shows up for simulation.

I can show everything by checking the box for Target under view, but that doesn't help me with anything. It does show the toolpath but no material removal or collisions. I have a feeling that this is because I assemble my Reference model and Workpiece using an NC-Model Assembly. I have used this method for years and I hope that all of my legacy programs will simulate properly.

Anyone have any issues with this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

Jason,

That's the way I assemble my models also. I hope that isn't an issue. I am In the process of downloading M100 now.

I will follow up when I have it loaded and running.

I had an issue yesterday where I had 2 reference models back to back with machining on both and  a created work piece rather than an automatic created work piece.

when I tried to do a simulation it kept coming up with "no relations have been defined for this model and would not run.

I shut down Creo and restarted and went back to the manufacturing then the simulation would run.

Seems pretty buggy to me. I hope they get the kinks worked out soon. I am running NCSimul for our high precision machines but I don't have it for our older machines so I use ModuleWorks for them.

Steve

Steve,

I opened a case on this issue and tech support was able to reproduce it. They told me it will be addressed in M110. I guess the workaround is to copy and paste the reference model and work piece from our nc assembly directly into the tree.

Jason,

Thanks for the information. Loaded M100 late Thursday. Had Friday off so I have not had a chance to test it yet.

Steve,

Have you had any luck on this issue? I loaded up M110 this morning and I am still having this issue. I really don't want to change the way I bring in my Reference Models and Work pieces.

I also don't use the Fixture Setup so my fixturing won't come in as Fixtures. I do this because you can't use repeat when adding clamps and screws inside of the Fixture Setup box. Has anyone else had issues with this as well? I'm really frustrated with ModuleWorks. I guess I'll have to stay with M080.

Jason

Loaded M110 Friday. They fixed my problem with ball end mills and corner radius tools looking like chamfer mills. Have not seen the issue with reference models as of today but I have not used it that much yet. One thing I have noticed is if you go back and try and rerun older legacy data that has a sequence that need updating or

if the sequence is red and you suppress it Module works doesn't seem to want to run.

This morning I was playing with the issue of it being ridiculously slow. I have NCSIMUL which is my go to check now. So I took a simple part with some really fine detail and it ran in NCSIMUL in 2 minutes. then ran it using ModuleWorks. It was over 40 minutes. Module work was maxing out my PC CPUs and chewing up a lot of the 32 GB of memory that I have in the PC.

Sorry not much help for you Jason. Maybe they will get it figured out in Creo 4.0

Thanks Steve! We will continue to use Vericut until this is all corrected in ModuleWorks. Glad to hear you are having good luck with NCSIMUL. We would like to get it in here but as usual $$$ is the problem.

Jason,

Not that this is your issue but, I found another problem with moduleworks.

I opened a service request  yesterday afternoon on ModuleWorks with fixtures and parts. I did 2 different parts with  a fixture assembled in the manufacturing file.

Every tool in the Manufacturing file produced a collision with the fixture in module works and the tools went no where near the fixture.  the tech file a high severity SPR with R&D.

Steve,

Thanks for the update. I will keep an eye out for that on my end. How do you bring your fixtures into your file? I build everything right in my machining file using "Assemble" and then bring my Reference model and Workpiece in as an NC_Assembly. ModuleWorks obviously does not like this so I'm wondering if I'm the only one doing it this way. I just find that the Fixture Setup dialog is useless so why can't we either assume that everything other than reference models and workpieces are fixtures or allow them to be classified as fixtures.

Jason,

I use the fixture setup to place my fixtures.

fixture plate.JPG

Here is a picture of module works with the fixture red as a collision even thought the fixture is well below the model and work piece. it does this to all the tools in the program.

fixture collision.JPG

Top Tags