cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Moving a part in an assembly

Ryan52
1-Newbie

Moving a part in an assembly

I have an assembly of a building with a tank inside of the building. I am trying to slide the tank in and out of the door to see if the tank will be able to fit through the door. How should I go about donig this?? Thanks so much,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

One of the easiest things to do is "underconstrain" the tank within your assembly by not including a constraint on the direction in which you would like the tank to slide. Then you can use the Drag Packaged Component Icon to slide it smoothly to any position you wish. If you already have it fully constrained, you can Redefine it and temporarily Disable the appropriate constraint.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags