cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Moving the eye center in Perspective View

mliszka
3-Visitor

Moving the eye center in Perspective View

When using Perspective View mode, I'm used to the eye center being coincident with the center of the screen. After upgrading to Creo 4 from 3 (though this may have nothing to do with the upgrade), I am now noticing that the eye center is not always at the center of the screen where it should be. Even within the same assembly model, sometimes the eye center is where it should be, sometimes it's off to the left, sometimes it's down off the screen entirely, etc.. I have not been able to find any built-in controls to move the eye center directly. Do these exist? What could be causing it to move around on its own?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:mliszka)

In 4.0 m130,  The eye appears to be placed on the screen based on where the center of the model is at the time you turn on Perspective.  If you press Refit before turning on perspective, it will be in the center of the screen.  If your model is shifted to the side, the eye will follow.  Shift+MMB will shift the model relative to the eye location.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mliszka
3-Visitor

Bumping this thread to hopefully get some input from other users.

mliszka
3-Visitor

I guess I'm the only one who has ever had this problem. Weeeeee!

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I'm on Creo 4. It looks as if mine stays at the center.

Is it after you do something specific you notice it goes off?

I grabbed a screenshot while rotating and it seems to stay centered no matter what I do.

StephenWilliams_0-1618857409712.png

kdirth
20-Turquoise

In 4.0 m130,  The eye appears to be placed on the screen based on where the center of the model is at the time you turn on Perspective.  If you press Refit before turning on perspective, it will be in the center of the screen.  If your model is shifted to the side, the eye will follow.  Shift+MMB will shift the model relative to the eye location.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
mliszka
3-Visitor
(To:kdirth)

For the record, this was also happening to me in Creo 7, and I couldn't find any rhyme or reason for its intermittent appearance. However, I believe this suggestion has worked to address the issue. Thanks!

Top Tags