cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Multi model Drawing

PHABIO
7-Bedrock

Multi model Drawing

HI I have one multi model drawing.
i want put a note for each model.
how do i find the ID associated with tho model?
e.g.
each model has a parameter nemed "CODE"
I Want put a note:
&CODE:0;
&CODE:1;
&CODE:5;

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:PHABIO)

Alternatively, you could "Switch Model" your way through all the models in your drawing. For example, switch to model01, then add the text for the parameter, without a corresponding ":##" at the end, like "&CODE". The proper numeric session ID will be appended to the text that is stored in the note. Switch to model02, add the "&CODE" again, and you'll see the ID for that model will be added.

It's pretty inconvenient, but it works.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PHABIO
7-Bedrock
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

You can mark your own answer as correct 🙂

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Alternatively, you could "Switch Model" your way through all the models in your drawing. For example, switch to model01, then add the text for the parameter, without a corresponding ":##" at the end, like "&CODE". The proper numeric session ID will be appended to the text that is stored in the note. Switch to model02, add the "&CODE" again, and you'll see the ID for that model will be added.

It's pretty inconvenient, but it works.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

This link shows using a text file to create a note to get a list of the session ID's.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Modeling-Questions/Session-id/m-p/67624/highlight/true#M17239

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

@PHABIO wrote:

HI I have one multi model drawing.
i want put a note for each model.
how do i find the ID associated with tho model?
e.g.
each model has a parameter nemed "CODE"
I Want put a note:
&CODE:0;
&CODE:1;
&CODE:5;

thanks.

This is called the session ID.  The trick linked by Stephen will reveal many session IDs at once on a drawing.  If you only need one or two, you can only find it from an assy from the relations editor in the View menu > Session ID.  Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work in a multi-model drawing, at least in Creo 2.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags