cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Need Component name to display in message log

vrajan
5-Regular Member

Need Component name to display in message log

Hello Guys,

After long time....

In ProE this option was enabled by default...

i.e whenever we are selecting a part.. the filename of the part will be displayed in the message log...

We can copy that and use... it is so simple to copy the filename of a component... we don't have to see and type...

But,

In Creo 2 that option is turned off.. I know it can be turned on... I have used this option in both Creo2 and Creo3..

I forgot how I did it... Kindly help me with this issue...

Best Regards,

Vivek Rajan Nagendran

India

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I explored my config.pro and found ...

provide_pick_message_always YES

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

if you select assembly component in graphic window then its name is displayed in message window . Selection made in model tree does not have any effect .

Note: I do not know config.pro option related to requested functionality.

MH

Martin Hanák
vrajan
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hello Martin,

Yes you are right.. while selecting in graphic window it should display the name

But, How to enable that... am facing issue in graphic window selection only

Best Regards,

Vivek Rajan Nagendran

India

Hi,

I explored my config.pro and found ...

provide_pick_message_always YES

MH

Martin Hanák
vrajan
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)