cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Need help adding GD&T to a dimension with extra text

ptc-4917730
1-Newbie

Need help adding GD&T to a dimension with extra text

I am running Pro E Wildfire 5.0:

I am trying to find a way to add GD&T to a dimension in a drawing, but the dimension has "extra" text. I want the GD&T to be located right below the entire "dimension" as shown below: (the .328 below is the actual dimension, everything else has been added in the properties tab)

correct gdt.JPG

However, the GD&T cannot be created "As A Free Note" This seems to cause stacking of the GD&T boxes in our system, which ends up duplicating it 30+ times over itself.

When I try and add the GD&T as a "Dimension", it ends up locating the box below the first line of text:

Wrong gdt.JPG

I'm wondering if there's a way to embed this - e.g. add "&g0" to the end of the dimension? I've attempted this, but cannot find a way to link it together.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
jmayer
4-Participant
(To:ptc-4917730)

Create the Gtol on the model and reference this in a note.

Either add a note to the model or drawing using the "&d" value of the dimension.

&d12

DRILL/REAM TO ENSURE

.0002"-.0005" INTERFERENCE

WITH ITEM 2

&G0

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:jmayer)

You can do it manually:

@[position symbol@]@[diameter symbol .022@]@[A@]@[B@]@[C@]

Top Tags