cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Network Routing issue

SN79996
1-Newbie

Network Routing issue

Hello All, 

I am fairly new to using Creo as a whole. I am starting to design wiring harnesses and have picked up pretty fast! However, please excuse anything I say that may not be of mastery level as I am no where close to there yet. So I designed a plate and placed all my connectors, then I routed all of my wires (simple routes) and was having trouble bundling wires together in insulation. I spent some time on Creo Cabling training through PTC University and came to the conclusion that I needed to first route a network, and THEN route my cables via that network (can anyone confirm this?). So when I first tried it let me route the network just fine, but the cables still would not bundle. Then I assumed that I needed to route the network first and choose "route via network" when placing the cables. So I started all over with just connectors. Now, when I select the "Route a network" icon, it will NOT for the life of me let me choose a starting reference!! I have tried EVERYTHING! Created new Datum planes, an axis, a coordinate system, you name it! Any insight on this? I am using Creo Parametric 4.0 by the way.

Thank You!, 

2 REPLIES 2
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:SN79996)

You don't need to route via Networks to be able to bundle. You can do that with simple routes. To be able to bundle your cables, you need to route them in the same harness, and make sure they follow the same path. You also need a few locations between them. Bundling can only be done between two locations and the cables need to follow each other between those locations.

For example, it will not work to start routing from two adjacent entry ports and then try to bundle all the way from the entry ports, since they are not the same location. Does that make sense?

Yes that makes sense. So in theory, If there are not wires present with locations assigned, when choosing to "Route Network" no references would be available as there is nothing to route? I understand what you are saying but I was trying to understand why it would not let me select the main datum plane that ran the whole area of the wall plate as the main starting reference.
Thank You!
Top Tags