cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Not able to "Insert Projection View" on existing drawing

smiller-3
1-Newbie

Not able to "Insert Projection View" on existing drawing

I'm trying to update an existing drawing by adding additional ortho views but when I activate a base view usually you have the choice of Inserting Projection View but that choice is not available. I can create a new view and then Insert Projeciton View but not on an existing view. I've regenerated the sheet and searched for solutions but without success so I thought, "Ask the guys with all the answers!".

Steve Miller

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I didn't provide enough info on my situation as I was trying to add views to simplified rep views. Here's the suggestions;

Hey Steve,

I don’t think you can make a projection from a section or detail view.

Is that the problem? By the way… love your band…

Keep rockin’

Frederick Burke

Steve....great band you have there! Keep up the good work! Oh...the view thing...my best guess:
Simplified Rep?
Multiple models...Set current model?
Drawing Config Option - projection_type or one of those???
Good luck...and....ROCK ON!

Jim

If it is a drawing with multiple models then I think you have to make sure the correct model is active in the drawing when inserting a projection view…

Steve Miller

Mechanical Design

Impulse Devices, Inc

Stephen Miller had the solution to my problem. I hate it when the student becomes the teacher.

BTW the band is doing fine without me these days, check out www.machaira.com

Steve:

Are you using Simplified Reps on your part/assembly? If so, then you need to
use #File/#Properties/#Drawing Models/#Set-Add Rep to set the Simplified
Rep to match the view you are trying to create a projection view from. Trips
me up all of the time!

Best regards,
Kelly

Top Tags