cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Note and leader for detailed views self-erasing

kkrahmer
2-Guest

Note and leader for detailed views self-erasing

I have a drawing and am having an issue where the notes that callout the detailed views from the main views are erasing themselves. It is a 24 sheet drawing with lots of detail views. I don't want to have to keep fighting this.  Has anyone else seen this as a problem?

In the view below, I have just unerased the callout for Detail J and all of the other callouts are still erased.  This has been happening for a while with this drawing and I don't know why. Does anyone know why and what I can do to stop it?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kkrahmer)

I believe this was happening randomly to us on Creo 2 or Wildfire 5 (I don't remember which). I think we finally got passed it when we upgraded to a newer build code or a new release.

It was frustrating because it wasn't on all drawings and it was somewhat random (or maybe it was only on a few specific drawings).

What build of creo are you using?

Sorry, Using Creo Parametric 2.0 M220.

Do you think Saving Status  or anything like that would help?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

It's worth a shot.

There is a config option called update_drawing that will "fix" older drawing issues (if this is an older drawing or copy of)

Possibly that is something you could look in to.

Matthew Ender and Mahesh Sharma have mentioned it several times here on the community. Maybe they could tell you if that is one of the potential fixes.

mender
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

Not a config option as such.  It's a detail setup command, and is entered as you would enter a detail setup option: File>Prepare>Drawing Properties>Detail Options, "update_drawing" for the name and "all" for the value.  Be sure to save your drawing first, as this may update to a bunch of fixes.  If it does fix your issue, great!  If it fixes the issue but also fixes a number of other things that would cause rework, and you want us to hunt down which specific update fixes it, then file an SPR and we'll figure it.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Top Tags