cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

One color for the entire part

RV_5434567
7-Bedrock

One color for the entire part

Hello,

I'm trying to change the color of a part. This is because I want to made it stand out in an assembly, so I'm thinking bright pink instead of the standard turquoise. In WF2 I did this all the time.

Now in Creo2 however, I can't get the Appearance Manager to co-operate with me. I can only select surfaces, not the entire part like I used to do.

Any ideas?

Also, will this color be visible in CreoView? I hate that all-turquoise blob...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JohnF
4-Participant
(To:RV_5434567)

In the Part file, or Assembly file, select the colour you want in the Appearance Manager and when you see the paintbrush mouse icon use it to select the whole part at the top of the model tree or the part as shown in the assembly model tree. Then click OK. This will colour the whole part. If, as I suspect, you select in the graphics window you will colour surfaces only if the selection filter is not set to Smart.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JohnF
4-Participant
(To:RV_5434567)

In the Part file, or Assembly file, select the colour you want in the Appearance Manager and when you see the paintbrush mouse icon use it to select the whole part at the top of the model tree or the part as shown in the assembly model tree. Then click OK. This will colour the whole part. If, as I suspect, you select in the graphics window you will colour surfaces only if the selection filter is not set to Smart.

Thank you, works this way.

Also possible to select in the graphics window when filter is set to part. When using Appearance manager the filter is automatically set to All; Smart is not available.

Top Tags