cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

One mapkey to multiple mapkey

Matheswaran
5-Regular Member

One mapkey to multiple mapkey

Hello everyone,

I have mapkey for certain task for one part. How to convert this mapkey into multiple parts.??

Thanks in Advance.!!

7 REPLIES 7
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Matheswaran)

If I am undestanding your question, you want to split one mapkey into multiple mapkeys.  This can be done by modifying the config.pro file.Capture.JPG

Locate the mapkey in the text.  Copy the first line of the mapkey and paste where you want the split.  Rename the mapkey (highlighted text).  Save file.  Changes will take effect after restarting CREO or importing confg file in configuration editor.

You can also copy the entire mapkey, rename, and divide to keep the original.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Hi,

I think that OP wants to apply the mapkey to the list of parts as a single batch. He does not want to open files one by one (eg. 100-times) and apply mapkey.

Martin Hanák
BFrancio
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi there,

I'm having this issue.

I want a mapkey that changes the material of a group of items, particularly a library of fasteners, in a single batch.

Can someone please help me?

Best regards.

@BFrancio wrote:

Hi there,

I'm having this issue.

I want a mapkey that changes the material of a group of items, particularly a library of fasteners, in a single batch.

Can someone please help me?

Best regards.

Hi,

you can use:

• trail file
  • Distributed Batch

Unfortunately both methods are not intended for beginners 😞

Martin Hanák
BFrancio
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you for your response.

I will search for sollutions based on this trail file.

Best Regards,

Please clarify what you are trying to do.

Thanks.

If you want to run a mapkey on multiple parts, you could use sBatch by USG Professionals.

http://www.usgprofessionals.nl/engineering/professionals/segmenten/plm-cad/software-download

Top Tags