cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Opening Older File Iterations - Using FILE>OPEN dialog box

Adam
1-Newbie

Opening Older File Iterations - Using FILE>OPEN dialog box

Hi all,

I'm stuck. I want to be able to open older CAD iterations by inputting the the information in the File>Open dialog box directly. I can't recall the correct syntax to get this to work. What I can remember, is it was formatted similar to this:

proe_file_name.prt|level=XX

Or something like that. If memory serves me, I think you can manually call up the itereation and version number. I can't recall the correct way to do this. I am working in a Windchill environment, so using "Show Instances" within the OPEN dialog box is not the solution I am looking for. Any help is appreciated.

-Adam

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine
(To:Adam)

Hi Adam,

If you use the Windchill, do you need to Add to Workspace your old iteration from Common Space.

Note:

"Show Instances" within the ProE/Creo OPEN dialog box >> it is working only if you use ProE/Creo without Windchill.

Regards, Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Top Tags