cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Opening a STEP file offline vs. connected to Windchill

dandersen
1-Newbie

Opening a STEP file offline vs. connected to Windchill

If I open a step file of a PCBA from my desktop while connected to Windchill it takes about 10 times longer than it does if I am "offline". 2 examples: ~2 minutes vs 17-20 minutes for a fairly small PCBA, ~4 minutes vs 35-40 minutes for a larger PCBA.  I don't understand why this is the case, because Windchill should have no involvement in the task.

If anyone has an explanation for this, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:dandersen)

No real idea, but maybe the components that are "extracted" out of the STEP file have the same name as the objects already in your Windchill database - and so time is spent "synchronizing" your workspace...

I'm going to go along with Paul and agree that Windchill is checking to see if the names match.

You'll need someone who can profile the Windchill installation to see what is delaying the operation.

Top Tags