cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Ordinate Dimension Baseline - Lost Reference

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Ordinate Dimension Baseline - Lost Reference

We're having a bit of a struggle with Creo 3 unexpectedly losing ordinate dimension baseline references. (This of course then means ALL the dimensions have to be recreated.)

In the message bar there was this message displayed:

msg.PNG

Can this be fixed? I don't know, but I was willing to try.

After trying everything I knew how to do I was convinced it couldn't be done, so I turned to the knowledge base. Sure enough, it talks about this message:

CS195198.PNG

Okay, so maybe just a misleading message. No big deal. But then I found this:

TAN_112745.PNG

Seriously!?!? This is 13 years old from Pro/e 2001 and lists the exact same misleading error message!

I have totally lost faith in the statement "This issue will be resolved in a future release of Pro/ENGINEER."

Want proof that Creo 3 is still running the guts of Pro/e 2001 (and probably earlier)? There you go.

So frustrated right now.

I wish PTC would go through all existing tech support cases and just fix all the open issues (apparently all the way back to the original release).

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags