cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

PDF Export in WF3

mattgriswold
1-Newbie

PDF Export in WF3

In my old installs, a couple of 32bit, win XP computers, I have the PDF export option and it works fine.

In my new computer, 64 bit Win7, I do not have the PDF export option anymore, and it is not even an icon I can find.

Does 64bit just not have this option? Or did I miss installing something?

the 64 bit and 32 bit are the same builds. (m220).

thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Matt...

I seem to remember something about the PDF icons not showing up on 64bit systems for WF3 but I have to look for more information. I know you can still print PDF's from 64bit but you may not get the special Adobe export icons in Pro/E.

I'll take a look at this and get back to you.

Thanks!

-Brian

Hi Matt...

I found my notes on this issue. My notes say that PTC had a problem with the Adobe PDF built-in functions on 64 Bit WF3 installations and it is NOT available. It was there in WF2 and WF4 and beyond but the 64 bit version of WF3 does not have the internal PDF functions.

You can still print to PDF using the printer manager, though. Simply print the file and choose Adobe PDF as the printer. If you do not have Acrobat Distiller installed (which gives you the Adobe PDF printer), you can download and install CutePDF for free. This ultility provides a great, free PDF printer. You'd simply print your files and select CutePDF as the printer.

If you need more instruction, just say the word.

Thanks and good luck!

-Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the information. This is a little depressing as this was a feature I had setup as a one button type click and used daily. I have Distiller and have been using it as (IMO) a work around. But I'm not sure I can get this to a one click icon like I had previous.

Also the built in PDF made a nice looking (centered) PDF and at the moment the standard settings of printing to distiller makes prints set low and left in the PDF.

Hi Matt...

You can probably get it back to "one-click" status. You may have to make a custom .pcf file for your Distiller printer. Then you can make a mapkey to select Print, activate the correct printer, and execute.

I know what you mean about the "centered" PDF. I believe most of the PDF printers I use (internal to Pro/E or otherwise) always set the print low and left. Sometimes though perfection is the enemy of 'good enough'. And at my company, as long as we can read the PDF, low and left is definitely good enough.

If you want to explore making the .pcf file, I might be able to help with that, too. I haven't done one in awhile though.

Take care...

-Brian

Top Tags