cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

PP Creation

Manikandan
7-Bedrock

PP Creation

I am in the process of creating post processer for 5 axis Machine. I need the output to be like below,

Currently I am using Creo 3.0 for generating PP. How can I define cycle in the PP Like what they have done on the below output.

How can I add comments at the end of the programme. Your reply would be much appreciated.

0 BEGIN PGM 46_Radial lifting hole chf 180° MM

1 ; 05.08.2014 15:50

2 BLK FORM 0.1 Z X-757.5 Y-756.995 Z-77

3 BLK FORM 0.2 X757.5 Y756.995 Z0

4 * - OPERATION 46

5 ;DIA 16 MM CENTRE DRILL

6 M127 ; SHORTER PATH TRAVERSE OFF

7 M129 ; TCPM OFF

8 * - LBL 1, RESET WORKING PLANE

9 LBL 1

10 CYCL DEF 7.0 DATUM SHIFT

11 CYCL DEF 7.1 X+0

12 CYCL DEF 7.2 Y+0

13 CYCL DEF 7.3 Z+0

14 PLANE RESET STAY

15 LBL 0

16 LBL 2

17 CYCL DEF 247 DATUM SETTING~

Q339=15 ; DATUM NUMBER

18 LBL 0

19 L Z1100 R0 F MAX M91

20 L X762 Y-1 R0 F MAX M91

21 TOOL CALL 5 Z S2000

22 CALL LBL 1

23 L Z1100 R0 F MAX M91

24 L X762 Y-1 R0 F MAX M91

25 FN 0:Q2=200 ; XY FEED RATE

26 FN 0:Q1=50 ; Z FEED RATE

27 FN 0:Q3=100 ; RED. FEED RATE

Mani

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

The FIL programming in GPOST allows to do such things, although it is not always very comfortable.

The INSERT command allows you to wnter any text, so based on what you compute in your program, you can virtually enter whatever you like.

But I believe there should be simple options to specify files that are attached to the begin/end of the postprocessed code, so can be used to add comments or other code.

Thank you Koch,

Do you have any FIL file that will suitable for my issue. If you have please send me. it will really appreciate because I am struggling a lot.

Mani

Outputting the highlighted lines to the tap file is not the problem, for example the simple function INSERT/'LBL1' would generate line 9.

The complex programing is always about the logic: When does one of the non-standard lines have to be output and what should it contain.

And this logic is something you can't know from simply looking at the output.

I recommend that you take a look at the FIL samples from the AustinNC Support page : http://www.austinnc.com/documents/samples.zip

For example cycle_non-iso.fil from this archive is generating some non-iso cycles making use of INSERT, but maybe some of the other samples are helpful, too, depending on the purpose of your modifications.

Top Tags