cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Part Browser window disappeared

jreichel
1-Newbie

Part Browser window disappeared

I'm using 2D and 3D elements direct (17.0 and 18.1) in Windows 10. For 2D, I still use 17.0 drafting most of the time because I know the interface well. After upgrading to Win 10 and starting Direct Drafting for the first time, all looked fine, I loaded a drawing and started the 'part browser'(pb), the window appeared, I tried to move the (pb) window to a new location and it disappeared. I've spent days trying to get it back including a complete re-install. No luck, the only thing I can think of is that the window is open "off screen" with no way to grab a handle to move it back into view. The way I work the 'part browser' window is critical to me to keep my drawings and part structure organized. Is there any way to specify where the 'part browser window opens? Or get the window back some other way? I tried running 'wui_part_browser' from the command line, no luck. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Try the F12 key which toggles it on/off.

If it is off screen, try changing the screen resolution.

Mike

Thanks for the quick reply. Tried the above. Tried deleting all the 'C:/Users/...../AppData/Roaming/....' files related to drafting 17.0, Uninstalled Drafting 17.0, and reinstalled from original CDs. No luck.

I think it's a good time to start using Drafting 18.1 and get use to the Fluent UI.

Hi John,

>I think it's a good time to start using Drafting 18.1 and get use to the Fluent UI.

Why not, test it, but under the 18.1 (and also under 19) you can stil use the older UI´s.

Start- All Progamms - Ptc-Creo Elements Direct Drafting xx - Alternative UI - choice

Might be a problem comes through Win10

This is according to my knowledge, not yet supported by PTC.

Now you're a beta tester

That's why I have not changed on Win10.

I dislike this kind of surprises.

All the best and good luck

ps: >Try the F12 key which toggles it on/off.

this is for Modeling

ps2. do you tried also:

Setup - Customize - Reset Layout  ??

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
Top Tags