cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Part Sub-Type

dbreen
1-Newbie

Part Sub-Type

Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to define your own part sub-type. If you select New > Part a sub-type has to be selected e.g. Solid. I would like to define our own sub-type besides the already available sub-types: Solid, Sheetmetal & Bulk. Does anybody know if this is possible?

Dave

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Creo recognized predefined sub-types, only. Therefore it does not make any sense (from my point of view) to "add another sub-type".

You can create several part templates for your specific "sub-types".

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:dbreen)

Not sure that is possible because it goes deeper in to the system then just a button selection.

You may be able to do it with a custom API in C.

Better would be to open a product request and explain in detail why you need additional sub-types of files and what purpose they will serve. Also add any details about limitations of the existing model types that your new sub-type would solve.

Besides changing the menu, you should also request a setting to utilize a default start model template for the new sub-type.

Hi,

Creo recognized predefined sub-types, only. Therefore it does not make any sense (from my point of view) to "add another sub-type".

You can create several part templates for your specific "sub-types".

MH

Martin Hanák
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags