cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Part moves right after I click it on assembly/edit definition,

DN_9539220
4-Participant

Part moves right after I click it on assembly/edit definition,

This is driving me crazy. It seems to start happening at random, and it goes away randomly too.

See the video.

Im trying to rotate the part. The second I click on any of the rotate handles in the 3d dragger, the part moves and I cant control it anymore, meaning I keep clicking and it keeps moving, and I cant get it to rotate the way I want (or at all).

Im on 8.0.8.0

Any idea how to make this go away?

thx

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

please upload your assembly.

Martin Hanák

it went away again. Next time i face this, ill save and upload.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:DN_9539220)

You have a lot of partial constraints. It could be that when you pivot the one part the others are trying to keep their constraints and moving into position.

yes, but the part I moved on the video was the second part on the model tree, and the first one had a defaul constraint.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

The parts that "move" are they below the second part?

When you "click" on the second part it looks like the insert bar is moving below the part you are trying to move and therefor the other parts are "suspended" until you are done placing the second part?

Never mind. Your are talking about how to control the part you are wanting to move.

Yes, the part im editting the definition of is the second part on the tree. As usual, everything below the part being edited "vanishes", like they were not there. I assume the parts below cannot affect anything, like they are suspended.

the parts that "move" (or my perspective moves, not sure) are the part im editting and the part above, which is constrained (default).

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:DN_9539220)

What are the active constraints on the second part that you are trying to move? Co-axial?

Are there any assumptions allows checked?

Before the video I had coaxial (coincident) with the first part, but I actually deleted it to see if that would change anything. It didnt. . on the video I actually had no constraints on that part. I did have constraitns on the parts below.

Hello @DN_9539220

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. If you found a solution yourselves, please document it in your topic & mark it as accepted solution.  It will surely help other users who may have a similar question.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags