cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Part relations set from assy

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

Part relations set from assy

Does anyone know if it’s possible to set part relations from an assembly? I have a parameter called “RADIUS� set in the assy and I want the radii of certain rounds in certain parts to be set to this value so I don’t have to change it in 5 different parts when I modify it. IOW I want to control this radius value from the assembly, not on an individual part level.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

You will need to know the dimension number, i.e. d235:670, for each of the radius. You can find this number by using the switch dimensions button in the relations. An example of relations would be radius = .25, second line d235:670 = radius. I hope this is clear. Best of luck.
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:eric.mills)

Thanks, that was easy What I was doing before was trying to modify the dimension of the radius within assy mode, then typing "RADIUS" instead of the value. This kind of thing works in part mode if the parameter and dimension are in the same part.
Top Tags