cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Partial Cross Section Area Measurement?

Homeboi_Jesus
4-Participant

Partial Cross Section Area Measurement?

I have a fairly complicated region that I need the area of to verify the safety of that region but can't seem to find out how to just get the two parts of the cross sections area. Attached is a screenshot of the part, labeled " A " and " B " are the two areas that I need to know. The measurement tool doesn't let me get the area of cross sections and mass properties cross section analysis doesn't let my to get just a part of it. Is there a way to do this in CREO?

2 REPLIES 2

@Homeboi_Jesus wrote:

I have a fairly complicated region that I need the area of to verify the safety of that region but can't seem to find out how to just get the two parts of the cross sections area. Attached is a screenshot of the part, labeled " A " and " B " are the two areas that I need to know. The measurement tool doesn't let me get the area of cross sections and mass properties cross section analysis doesn't let my to get just a part of it. Is there a way to do this in CREO?

Hi,

• select the area (A+B is highlighted)
  • CTRL+C
  • CTRL+V
  • click Options tab, select Exclude surfaces and Fill holes option, select contour of unwanted part
  • finish Copy feature
  • select new surface and measure it

Martin Hanák
abustamante
5-Regular Member
(To:Homeboi_Jesus)

Hi Homeboi_Jesus

To measure a section you must select the plane that cuts the part, then go to the Analysys tab and select the drop-down menu in Mass Properties and select the option X-section Mass Properities. This option measures the area of the part at the intersection with the plane anywhere in the part.

Great day.

Top Tags