cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Parts added to assembly, not showing up on dwg

ptc-3003679
1-Newbie

Parts added to assembly, not showing up on dwg

It appears this might need to be fixed first before the previously posted balloon leader issue can be resolved. The inserts do not show up in the drawing, but they have been included in the assembly. I'm looking for how they can be shown on the drawing.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Did you update the drawing (icon that is a box with two arrows)? Are you using a simplified rep where the inserts are excluded?

When you say "insert", do you mean press fit insert with an interference fit? If so, that may be you problem. Pro-E displays weird when assemblies have an interference. Try redefining your insert with no interference.

There are several ways can achieve this: 1.the inserts is in hide state; 2.the asm is in simp rep state and the inserts is excluded(in view manager); 3.the asm is in style state and the inserts is blanked(in view manager);; 4.in drawing mode the inserts also can be displayed by component dispay command in the view setting;

Thanks to everyone for your replies. Kevin, I updated the drawing, and the inserts did appear. Thank you. However, when I try table/bom balloon/split, I get a prompt telling me 'item has to be from same table row'. The table reflects the quantity accurately, but it does not allow me to select the insert to which I need to add an arrow. Is there another selection method that will allow adding the additional arrow fromt he balloon?
Top Tags