cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Pass Parameter values to Operation Comments

ptc-823356
4-Participant

Pass Parameter values to Operation Comments

Request the ability to pass parameter values to the Operation Comments section for display in the NCL / Post processor file.

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Kevin

I am not sure you can directly pass a parameter thru the operation comment.

When I need this, I just create an auxiliary step at the beginning of the operation and just write a CL command in the customize window:

PPRINT/&NAME

This will output in the ncl file the content of the parameter NAME after the PPRINT

You can also output a function paranetre using.

PPRINT/&NAME:FID_STEP_COMMENT where STEP_COMMENT is the name of the function in your manufacturing asm

I hope this helps you

Regards

Olivier

Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-823356)

Hi Kevin

I am doing a simular thing by using Parametes in comments to generated program headers, I am using Creo 1.0 at the moment.

I have found that you can't use Parameters in the operation coments dialog box to create header infomation, as Oliver has point out, come on PTC, lets fix this.

Instead I have created a comments machining sequence to act as a work around at the top of the machining sequences.

header sequence.jpg

In that Sequence I have created a dummy tool number, set my spindle speed to zero and inserted a CL COMMAND with the following

header sequence cl command.jpg

which has the following

PPRINT/OPERATION: &OPERATION

PPRINT/&OPERATION_COMMENT_1

PPRINT/WHEEL: &JDE_PRODUCT_CODE

PPRINT/DRAWING NO: &DRAWING_CODE_NUMBER

PPRINT/CNC INDEX PROGRAM NO: &PROGRAM_CNC_INDEX_NUMBER

PPRINT/

PPRINT/&CADD_SYSTEM_VERSION

PPRINT/&MODEL_VERSION

PPRINT/

PPRINT/ PROGRAM IS MM/REV FEEDRATE

PPRINT/THIS PROGRAM IS USING SPEED RANGE: &SPEED_RANGE_CODE

PPRINT/&SPEED_RANGE_FEEDRATE_TEXT

PPRINT/FINISH FEED RATES PROGRAMMED AT 100%

PPRINT/

Within my post file, I am using ICAM for posting, I have created a macro to terminate the output of the tool call if it is the dummy tool, and with the spindle set to Zero, you don't get a spindle command outputed to the CL file, good to see this fixed from WF5.

With no tool call and no speed outputed, the comment appear at the top of the NC code file as a header.

Bit of a work around to automate the generation of program headers, but PTC needs to address the issue of using Parameters in the operation comments

Peter

jbaur
12-Amethyst

Hello PTC,

we have the same request:

use Parameters in the operation comments dialog box to create header infomation.

Could you please fix this issue?

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:jbaur)

There is no functionality to be fixed. Use of parameters in operation is simply not implemented - see article CS178222

(The difference basically is like whether you cannot open the backdoor of your car because it is defective (and needs fixing) or because there is no door at all (not implemented for this model). In the first case you can expect a timely fix, in the second you can only hope a later version of the model has the desired door.)

Your best choice to request a functionality which is not in the software (or request a change in existing functionality) is by Product Idea

Hint: If you open an idea for this, post the link in this thread to generate more traffic of interested users to the idea, in order to promote it.

There is never a guarantee a product idea will be implemented, but the more votes, the more likely it gets considered.

ptc-270576
4-Participant

Good morning, does anyone know if there is any news about this topic?

In particular, I would need that Creo automatically writes the settings of the clamping within the comments of the operation.

Thank you

Paolo

Top Tags