cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Paste Multiple Items

jcolon
3-Visitor

Paste Multiple Items

I have several items in a drawing that repeat. I highlighted the item, right click and hit copy. Then I go and Right click>Paste and the dialog box comes up where I need to pick the source point of the pasting object, then I have to click where I want my object located in the drawing, pretty straight forward. What I am curious about is if there a way to paste the said item several times after picking the source point once instead of going through the entire process over and over again.

The objects go in separate locations therefor copying several of them at once and pasting it is not a good move since I would have to go back and delete the items that aren't necessary. This is for notes in a few rather large BOMs.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DeanLong
10-Marble
(To:jcolon)

You have the ability to move them independently after the copy. Then you can edit the attachment of each of the Balloon leader arrow. It's there...just play with it a bit.

Or you could create a custom symbol and it will behave like a "paste, multiple" too.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DeanLong
10-Marble

Javier,

Do you mean copied multiple times in the same drawing or from one drawing to multiple other drawings?

jcolon
3-Visitor
(To:DeanLong)

I meant within the same drawing. I have a BOM that has certain repeating items, but are not consecutive and the multiple-paste function could come in handy.

DeanLong
10-Marble

Good....you can.

1. Click the "Edit" drop down on the tool bar, select "Translate and Copy"

2. Select the text box you want to copy. (Not the text itself)

3. Use the "From-To" menu item.

4. Left click in one location and a little distance away left click again and it will ask how many you want. Enter number of copies you want.

You can then move the copied ones to you desired locations.

We may have and issue. Do you mean in the same drawing AND in the same BOM Table? Then it's a different process.

jcolon
3-Visitor

It is a balloon and a leader that I want to copy in multiple locations. It goes on, let's say, Item 3, 5, 13, 14, 15, and 30, in the BOM table. Doing the way you mentioned copies them in a direction but doesn't place them in any particular spot. The spacing on the locations in my BOMs aren't always the same. This is a good option if I had a bunch in a row that are equidistant.

DeanLong
10-Marble

You have the ability to move them independently after the copy. Then you can edit the attachment of each of the Balloon leader arrow. It's there...just play with it a bit.

Or you could create a custom symbol and it will behave like a "paste, multiple" too.

jcolon
3-Visitor

Great. I'm new to to Creo, I will make a custom symbol then. Sounds easier than anything else... for the future at least. Thank you!

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags