cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Patterning constraints or connections so that Pro/Mechanism recognizes them?

JeffBerg
1-Newbie

Patterning constraints or connections so that Pro/Mechanism recognizes them?

I was able to pattern a sliding panel at 15 degree intervals over a 90 degree sector. When I "Edit Definition" of each of the sliding panels it appears that only the constraints that allow for the sliding boundary condition only applies to the original or "parent" panel & not the patterned panels. In fact, when I employ Pro/Mechanism to view the animation only the "parent" panel moves. Is there a way that patterning will apply the same constraints to all the panels or do I have to define constraints individually? If this can be done can you point me to an existing model and how to access it?

I have included my assembly with this posting. I am using Wildfire 4.0.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Attached are my current modifications to make the system work with patterning. However, this required me to make independent subassemblies with their individual servomotor mechanism. So to cover a 90 degree sector there are multiple servomotors which I believe is computationally inefficient. I would think if I could employ only 1 servomotor that would retract all of the panels the computational demand would greatly diminish.

Anyone with suggestions? The top level assembly is ciliary_body.asm.

Top Tags