cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Performance issue Creo 7

chshasa1
11-Garnet

Performance issue Creo 7

hi All

since eastern, we are using creo 7.

unfortunately, we have huge performance issues on bigger assemblies.

we already checked config option, graphic card settings etc. but nothing seems to work.

some basic features or working steps take up to 10 min (copy paste a part, start the measuring feature, simply rotate the model).

does anyone have experience with similar problems or knows some settings/requirements which need to be done on hardware side? 

we are working on windows 10 laptops, 32GB RAM, 4GB Graphic card RAM GDDR5 or GDDR6

thanks in advance.

Feel the magic
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @StephenW 

actually, this one with removing the config.pro file worked quiet well.

by doing this and rethinking every other possibility which we already did, i found out that two settings/paths in the config file were causing this big problems.

mostly this one:

graphics_library_dir

but i have no clue why this was causing the problems. do you have any idea, how this path can affect the performance?

Feel the magic

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:chshasa1)

Anytime this sort of question comes up, I use my default checks first;

This may be a video card driver issue or may be a configuration setting on that specific computer. 

You can start troubleshooting by re-naming any config.pro/config.sup, and the customization .ui file and then reopen creo and test to see if it is a configuration setting.

If not, then rename the settings files back correctly and add the option  graphics win32_gdi  to a config.pro file and re-open creo and test. If the problem goes away, the issue is with video card drivers. You will need to find a driver that works for you. Don't forget to remove the  graphics win32_gdi   option before testing new drivers.

A previous user mention that a windows update recently disabled their graphics card and creo defaulted to onboard video

Hi @StephenW 

actually, this one with removing the config.pro file worked quiet well.

by doing this and rethinking every other possibility which we already did, i found out that two settings/paths in the config file were causing this big problems.

mostly this one:

graphics_library_dir

but i have no clue why this was causing the problems. do you have any idea, how this path can affect the performance?

Feel the magic
StephenW
23-Emerald II

You can try different path, like a local path that library to test if it was the path or something else.

Creo 7 is still supported so a support ticket would be possible if you are on maintenance.

Possibly network connection issues?

Possibly objects within the graphics libraries?

Possibly some customization?

I don't really know other than test, test, test as many variations as you can to understand where the issue might be.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

What graphics card is in the laptops? Nvidia GeForce cards are not supported, which are usually used in laptops. They may work, but you will see issues with large assemblies and number of open windows.

we have the following ones:

chshasa1_0-1692955608576.png

chshasa1_1-1692955641454.png

Feel the magic

Hi,

both cards are supported. Eg: for Creo 10.0 supported drivers for specific HP computers are mentioned in https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/176242/en/hp_creo10.pdf document.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags