cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Pick From List Duplicate Features

jschwankert
4-Participant

Pick From List Duplicate Features

Could someone explain why when I select "Pick From List" to choose geometry to use, there are duplicates of the feature geometry? And oddly enough, the duplicates do not represent the same geometry (for example, below the first instance of the feature selects the whole of the curve, but the second instance of the feature only selects a section). Is there any way to prevent this, as sometimes when selecting geometry without using "Pick From List", it will cause a failure as the incorrect instance was chosen automatically.

Example1.pngExample2.png

2 REPLIES 2

It is annoying that the list doesn't include the full qualification for the item being selected. I don't know why they decided to truncate the description, but it may be that the rest of it would not clarify what is being chosen.

There is no way to know that a user isn't trying to get a sub-segment of a curve. Often getting a particular sub-item of a feature is the reason to use Pick from List and visible feedback is supplied to the user to ensure they get the correct one.

jschwankert
4-Participant
(To:dschenken)

Thanks for clarifying, glad to know I'm not doing something wrong here!

Top Tags