cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Pipe Start part - automatic creation of revolve plane

OleH
1-Newbie

Pipe Start part - automatic creation of revolve plane

Hi All

My first post.

Is it posible to create a start_part for piping with code [program or relations] to create a datum_plane at spool first and last length?

What I am trying to achieve is to do a end treatment of the pipe fast and easy.

See attache picture.

Program Creo 2.0 Parametric with piping extention.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:OleH)

You might consider UDF ...user defined feature.

Thanks for the answer.

I am using UDF wiht a family table for all dimensions, to create the features.

But the UDF requires a Datum_plane to place the "revolve sketch".

What I am trying to achieve is to automate the process through a script or simmilar in the start_part.prt

Does this make any sense at all ?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

What kind of relation do you want for this plane prior to creating the part?

ASM0001+%28Active%29+-+Creo+Parametric_2013-02-21_07-39-09.jpg

The gole is for a plane , like the picture shows to be crated at the start and end of each spool.

The plane must be trough the centerline and normal to the end.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

If the start part includes the pipe, you should be able to carefully constrain the plane to remain at the end of the pipe. If you have no start plane, or feature to tie it to, this might not be possible.

If you can think through the logic of what you are trying to achieve, you should be able to do it. But for what I see at this point in your discussion, you will need to input some kind of data to the part to make it understand your needs for the UDF.

Thanks for your effort.

I might have over explained this.

The pipe is created by pro/piping in the start_part.

Today I create the datum_planes manualy and place the UDFs like you say.

I hoped it was possible to use an "if" statment to place the datum_feature, so I could save some time.

Top Tags