cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Pipe specdriven

ptc-5052803
1-Newbie

Pipe specdriven

Hi

How to do the pipe specdriven in pro/piping,could please clarify.

Regards

J.Anand

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Anand...

There's literally hours and hours of setup work required to get spec driven piping working in Creo. There are many configuration settings required in your config.pro as well as at least a dozen special files which must be created or modified for this tool to function correctly. In addition, you'll need to create library parts which adhere to very specific requirements.

Spec-driven piping is not something that can be clarified in a simple post on PTC Community. It requires a good deal of time, effort, and specialized knowledge to administer. Using it is easy... but getting it set up and administering it can be extremely tough and confusing unless you have experience. Just about your only source of information are the PTC help files for Spec Driven piping. Trust me, these files are really tough to decipher. They were clearly written by someone who knew all there was to know about spec driven piping... yet they put only about 75% of the things you need to know into the documentation. The other 25% you're left to figure out on your own through trial and error or independent research.

There are a couple of people out there who've make some consulting dollars just helping companies get set up to use spec driven piping. I know at least one of those people still does this work. You may want to try to seek them out on the web.

Good luck... sorry I couldn't be of more substantial help...

-Brian

Top Tags