cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Points Pattern on Skeleton

pdiletti-2
11-Garnet

Points Pattern on Skeleton

Hello

using CREO3 I'd like to create a Pattern of points on SKELETON model but ,

when I define a Publish Geometry, I can't select the pattern feature, I can only select single points as references.

So it's not possible to have the pattern feature on "Receiving" part where I use Copy geometry.

Do you know another way to define pattern points feature on skeleton model in order to use it as Publish Geometry ?

1 REPLY 1

You cannot pass the pattern itself through a publish geometry /  copy geometry pair.  You can, however, pass the pattern leader alone, reference pattern the publish geometry and then reference pattern the copy geometry in the target model.

Since you are only passing one point (the pattern leader) and no other geometry, I find it simplifies things in this case to skip the publish geometry and select the lead point directly in the copy geometry feature.  Then I simply reference pattern the copy geometry feature and any children as well.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags