cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Pro/Concept Replacement

jtilipman
13-Aquamarine

Pro/Concept Replacement

My company asked me to research on replacement for the Pro/Concept. Did anybody still using Pro/Concept, or its obsolete? What other packages available for conceptual design – Rhino, Alias, 3DMax Studio, etc. Any pros & cons for any?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

In my opinion the ones you listed are not going to gain you any advantage. In fact you will be at a disadvantage as you will not have any bi directional associatively with pro/e. I would just use pro/surface and ISDX. Additionally each one of them will have a learning curve so don't waste time with that just do it all in PTC products.. If your people think pro/e or PTC surfacing is to hard they are just weak. It is no harder than any other surfacing package on the planet so don't let them convince you of that.

Ron

I caught someone doing some cool stuff on a free download of Co-Create
the other day.

You might give it a shot to see if it plays well with others...

Too many Runs-with-Scissors programs out there...

Best regards,

Frederick Burke

Yes, CoCreate Modeling performs very well in the conceptual phase. And in the coming years, the data model of CoCreate will be the same as Pro/E, so you won't have export / import issues. Actually, the current versions of CoCreate and Pro/E can already exchange models via Granite files, which works much better than STEP or IGES.

Regards, Jaap

Top Tags