cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Pro/Mold Wildfire 4

ptc-3115481
1-Newbie

Pro/Mold Wildfire 4

Wildfire 4.0, M080

I used to be able to create mold volumes and use the extrude option and extrude up to surfaces that are non-planar to the sketching plane.

This is one of the reasons I always liked using volumes rather than parting surfaces.

Surfaces only let you extrude up to a point, edge or plane resulting in a feature ending parallel to the sketching plane. No mater how hard you slam your fist against the desk. You can't make it end at, say, a 1° plane on the reference model. But volumes act much like solid cuts and protrusions and you don't have to mess around merging...

I have been using WF4 off and on for a couple months. I'm now into a large more complex project that has to be done in WF4. I just realized that it will no longer allow me to extrude a volume up to a non planar surface!!! It reacts like the parting surfaces do. It will not allow me to select any surface that isn't parallel to my sketching plane.

Can someone please confirm?

Unfortunately we no longer have maintenance so I can't call PTC.

Thanks,

Dave Reiser

dave@hytechtool.com

814-734-6000

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I wanted to add that I have narrowed the problem with the volumes. I can extrude a volume up to any surface planar or not, but I cannot cut the volume up to the same surface or any other surface that isn't parallel to the sketching plane.

So, volume protrusions work, cuts don't.

??

Dave

Top Tags