cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Pro/Program Fails Following 'Publish to CAD'

GrahamV
7-Bedrock

Pro/Program Fails Following 'Publish to CAD'

Hi, 

We'd like to take advantage of the Windchill 'Publish to CAD' functionality, which allows a CAD structure to be driven from a WTPart structure, however we're hitting a regular problem where a part with dependencies is removed from a structure. Steps to recreate the problem...

1) Create a Creo assembly of 2 sub components, with the 2nd component assembled to the 1st...

GV_9622242_0-1637328317489.png

2) Create WTParts for all components, and build the WTPart structure...

GV_9622242_1-1637328507930.png

3) Remove the 1st component from the WTPart structure, and use 'Publish to CAD' or 'Compare to CAD Structure' to drive the changes into the CAD structure...

GV_9622242_2-1637328576730.png

4) Open the updated CAD structure in Creo, the changes are correctly shown...

GV_9622242_3-1637328669038.png

Everything works correctly until this point, however after accepting the changes, Creo reports an error and rolls back the changes...

GV_9622242_4-1637328694803.png

It seems Creo is unable to deal with a component being removed where it has a dependency (assembly constraint, sketch, datum, xsec etc.), this would seem like an obvious situation that would be dealt with by just leaving the dependency as a failed feature, so hopefully this is just a config setting that's causing it to error. Running Creo 5.0.3.0, unfortunately this outside the extended supported period so we have been unable to get any PTC suggestions.

Is anyone able to recreate this issue (successfully or not)?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:GrahamV)

Here are several articles that match this error:

Hi Vladimir, 

Thanks for the links, I'd not seen those ones before, unfortunately none of them help in this case, as the Pro/Program is modified automatically by Windchill/Creo (I cannot even see the program it is trying to run, because the changes are rolled back before I am able to the Pro/Program menu).

This issue is very repeatable on our system, is anyone able to try the above steps to confirm it's not unique to our configuration?

Thanks

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:GrahamV)

Submit your issue here: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/case-logger 

Hi Vladimir, 

I've already submitted a support case, however it has been closed because Creo 5 is beyond Sustained Support (my understanding is that support cases are only possible for the first two years of Sustained Support, which means support cases for this version were only answered until March 2021).

Thanks

Top Tags