cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Pro Program

ptc-128832
1-Newbie

Pro Program

Hi,

I'm working with pro program at a very low level, because I cannot find information that can help me.

Does any body lnows where I can find toturials, or a trainning manual or, at least, a list of parameters I can use, so I can improve my work?

Thanks

Regards

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-128832)

Check out the Help Topic Guide from Wildfire 4. There is a Program manual in there. If you can't find it, email me and I will send you a copy. looslib<at>centrusenergy.com.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

What is it that you want to do?

For the momment I just make parts appear and disappear depending certain conditions/calculations.

What I need is to know program well, so I can take the most of advantage I can, from it.

Luis,

I have done this sort of thing before and it is relatively easy to accomplish in ProProgram. When I did this, I used the value of a given parameter to force ProProgram to suppress or keep active a certain feature.

Here's the way I did it:

1) Create a parameter that will logically control if you want a certain feature created. Assign it a value of 1 if you want to keep certain modeling features or 0 if you want to suppress them. Control the value of the parameter in your relations.

2) In ProProgram, scroll down to where the feature in question is created

3) At the beginning of the feature, write an 'If' statement such as:

IF FEATURE_CONTROL_PARAMETER==1

4) In ProProgram, scroll to the end of where the feature in question is created and close the IF statement with

ENDIF

5) Save and incorporate your changes and test it. This should do it.

-Mark

Hi Mark,

That is the way I do the stuffs, but I believe that I can improve the way to do and go further.

Thanks

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-128832)

Check out the Help Topic Guide from Wildfire 4. There is a Program manual in there. If you can't find it, email me and I will send you a copy. looslib<at>centrusenergy.com.

Top Tags