cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Pro/Weld parameters missing...

DarrinHiebert
1-Newbie

Pro/Weld parameters missing...

We use Pro/Weld here, and have been for some time, with generally good success.

However, we've had 2 different assemblies, started by two different people, on two different machines, that have exhibited a problem that I cannot remedy.

In both of these assemblies, when you right click on any weld, and click Edit Parameters, you will only be given a few of the weld parameters for that weld. However, we have a LOT of other weld parameters which should normally be there, like Specification, Treatment, Machine type, Finish, and some others. The only parameters that show up for these welds are the following: Length, Weld Length, X_section_area, and Root_penetration, which are core to the weld, and are not part of our normal custom parameters.

I've had this happen in the past, and it usually happens when a user forgets to add the welding rod first (which I don't believe has happened in this case, but there's no way to be totally for sure). In that case, you simply add the welding rod, and then reassign all of the welds to the rod you just added, and all is well. However, on these two assemblies, that does not work. I've tried creating new rods, and reassigning them to new rods, doesn't work; I've tried creating new weld parameters, and reassigning the new parameters to all welds, doesn't work; I've tried actually deleting the rods and parameters, and reassigning new ones, and that doesn't work either. BUT, if I go into EACH individual weld, and open up the weld parameters (that we have in a file), and apply those parameters to EACH weld one at a time, the welds will be correct. One of these assemblies has about 400 welds on it, and I can't hardly ask the user to do this 400 times! I didn't check the other assembly for the total number, but I know that it's somewhere between 300 and 400, so it's about as big a task on the other assembly, and not really an option.

We are on WF 2 currently, and are testing WF 5 right now. I've called up these assemblies in 5, and the same phenomena exists over there, so it's something that's obviously part of these assemblies, that I can't seem to find to correct.

Has anyone else seen this problem, and if so, how have you corrected it?

Darrin Hiebert

Excel Industries, Inc

Hesston, KS

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags