cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Pro/report filter

Turattti
1-Newbie

Pro/report filter

Hi guys, I need to create a report filter in Pro/E WF4. In a big assembly I need to show only the subcomponents (those beside the red line) of a specific subassembly. I can't create simplified rap. How can i do???

Thx

Immagine.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have been giving this one some thought. I would think it should be simpler like show only components for subassembly "x". But something that might work and be better than simplified reps in your instance is to try the following:

Under repeat regions menu manager select Flat/Rec. After selecting this select the repeat region you are wanting to change. make sure that the menu selection is set to Flat and select all of the subassemblies except the one for which you want to see the components. After doing this you should be able to use Filters either by item or adding rules to turn of the flattened subassemblies.

This would also work if you set the attributes to Flat as a default and the just made the one subassembly recursive before filtering the unwanted assemblies.

The only downside would be that if new subassemblies are added, then they will show up and you will have to flatten them and filter them out so they don't show up.

Hopefully this helps somewhat.

-Greg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You can set your repeat region to the sub-assembly and filter out the components you don't want to show. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion, but i can't do so, 'cause if I set another model in the report table, I can't put the bom baloon in the main assembly view...

Good point... The only other thing I can think to do is filter out the items you don't want one-by-one. That could be pretty painful. Sorry.

I have been giving this one some thought. I would think it should be simpler like show only components for subassembly "x". But something that might work and be better than simplified reps in your instance is to try the following:

Under repeat regions menu manager select Flat/Rec. After selecting this select the repeat region you are wanting to change. make sure that the menu selection is set to Flat and select all of the subassemblies except the one for which you want to see the components. After doing this you should be able to use Filters either by item or adding rules to turn of the flattened subassemblies.

This would also work if you set the attributes to Flat as a default and the just made the one subassembly recursive before filtering the unwanted assemblies.

The only downside would be that if new subassemblies are added, then they will show up and you will have to flatten them and filter them out so they don't show up.

Hopefully this helps somewhat.

-Greg

Thank you very very much Greg!

No problem! I was happy to help out. I am not sure that it is the best solution, but at least you were able to continue with your drawing and maintain your repeat region.

-Greg

Top Tags