cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

ProE VBA API examples

ptc-3325406
1-Newbie

ProE VBA API examples

Hello,

I am trying to develop a few applications for ProE using VBA API. I am having some difficulties in using "BOMExportInstruction" to create a BOM for an assembly. I will appreciate if anyone can share some sample code for similar applications.

Thank you.

Parag Bhagwat

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Parag

I too am trying to develop VBA apps that link with Pro/E. I require examples of Family Table manipulation. I have found very very little on the internet... and most of what I have found is for VB - not VBA. PTC did not do a good job of providing clear examples in the documentation as most are focussed on VB.

Perhaps I will submit a support ticket to PTC requesting help. If I obtain any feedback, I will post it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened PTC Case C11021978 and received good example code. Reply text and attachment follow.

Hi Tim,

Please find the attached VBA example application that would connect to an existing Wf5.0 / Creo Session, retrieves a part file PRT0001.prt from the working directory and accesses its family table content and displays the instance names one after another.

This is just to show how to access the family table info. Once an instance name is in hand, you should be able to retrieve the model in to session and do required operations as any other model.

Thanks,

Seshu

Top Tags