cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

ProE Wildfire 5 Slow Startup

JIMVANDRAGT
1-Newbie

ProE Wildfire 5 Slow Startup

Good Day All,

I have a laptop with it's own ProE license server. It has a wireless network interface, a normal LAN interface and a 1394 interface, which I believe is firewire.

If I have the LAN cable connected ProE starts quite quickly, but if I disconnect the LAN cable it can take 30 minutes for ProE to startup.

I've opened a call with PTC but I'm just guessing this group will give me an answer faster :-).

Thanks

Jim Van Dragt
PLM Architect
Information Technology

hermanmiller.com
616 654 5285 OFFICE
616 836 8394 MOBILE

HermanMiller

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

This will usually fix it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/239924

Gerry Champoux
Williams International
Walled Lake, MI

In Reply to Jim Van Dragt:

Good Day All,

I have a laptop with it's own ProE license server. It has a wireless network interface, a normal LAN interface and a 1394 interface, which I believe is firewire.

If I have the LAN cable connected ProE starts quite quickly, but if I disconnect the LAN cable it can take 30 minutes for ProE to startup.

I've opened a call with PTC but I'm just guessing this group will give me an answer faster.

Top Tags